How to setup a custom domain name
If you haven't already purchased a custom domain name, you'll need to get one from one of the many great domain name registrars out there.
We recommend Hover.com because their customer support is great, their prices are competitive, and their domains are the easiest to setup with 22Slides.
Domain Setup Instructions
- Go to the "Settings" page in your 22Slides control panel, click the "setup a custom domain" button, and enter your domain in the field provided.
- At your domain registrar's website, you'll need to edit your DNS records to point your A record for:
yourdomain.com(without the "www")
- Also at your domain registrar's website, edit your DNS records to point your CNAME record for:
www.yourdomain.com(with the "www")
- Wait anywhere from a few minutes to 48 hours for your domain to start working. It's a good idea to wait a day or so before you start sharing the website with others, because even if the domain works for you, it might not yet work for people in other areas.
If you need any help settings things up, we can actually login to your domain account and make the changes for you. Please send us a message at email@example.com and include:
- Your 22Slides website address
- Your custom domain name
- The company you bought your domain name through
- Your domain company's login name and password, so we can get in to make the changes