How to add an online store to your website
If you want a very simple store that only requires one image per item, like for selling photography prints, we recommend using our PayPal add-on. Otherwise, if you are looking for a more full-featured online store to sell all sorts of products, we recommend using the 3rd-party service Ecwid (http://ecwid.com).
Our PayPal add-on works with new or existing image gallery pages on your site and allows you to offer an image as an item for sale.
- Go to http://paypal.com and sign up for an account, if you don't have one already.
- Sign into your 22Slides website and go to the "add-ons" section.
- Find the "PayPal" add-on, enter the email address you used to setup your PayPal account and click save.
- Go to the "content" section of your control panel and click the "add a new page" button.
- Choose "image gallery" from the page type menu.
- Click the title of the page you just created and give it a new name.
- Upload one image to the page for each item you'd like to offer for sale.
- For each image you just uploaded, click the icon at the bottom right of the thumbnail to reveal its details.
- Click the "add a purchasing option" button and give the option a name and a price. The default currency is USD($), but will automatically switch to GBP(£), EUR(€) or AUD(A$) if those currency symbols are used instead.
- You can have as many options as you like, which is useful for offering things like different sized prints, etc.
Ecwid allows you to manage your entire store from their website, then simply paste an embed code into your 22Slides site:
- Go to http://ecwid.com and sign up.
- Create your online store using their control panel.
- From your Ecwid Dashboard, copy your Ecwid embed code for use later.
- Sign into your 22Slides website and click the button to "add a new page".
- Choose "Raw HTML" from the page type menu.
- Paste your Ecwid embed code into your new HTML page and save.
content, shopping cart, cart, store, ecommerce, e-commerce, sell, sale, ecwid, paypal, popular, hack, checkout